1975 Viva found in Norway

So you found a Brabham Viva but its not your colour and its a bit sad, is it about to be crushed. Help save it by posting here!

1975 Viva found in Norway

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:16 pm

Why fight for a ball when we can play with cars..?!!
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby flexbuttcheck1 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:24 pm

that looks in basically good condition looking at the rear arches but it wouldnht have been made any later than 1970 so that is very late registered!
flexbuttcheck1
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:26 pm

flexbuttcheck1 wrote:that looks in basically good condition looking at the rear arches but it wouldnht have been made any later than 1970 so that is very late registered!

Yes, isn't this a HB ??
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby flexbuttcheck1 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:31 pm

yep it is a hb looks like a deluxe! but they are not the original wheels!
flexbuttcheck1
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:38 pm

OHHH NO dont let Ian see that !!!!!!

Seriously Per do find out details of it please always handy (price, location etc)
pbottomley

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:49 pm

pbottomley wrote:OHHH NO dont let Ian see that !!!!!!

Seriously Per do find out details of it please always handy (price, location etc)

Well, I spoke to the seller on the phone right now. The car is infact a 1970. No much rust other than corroded paint. Enging doesn't run, prehaps fuelpump failure, but it turns! There's no rearseat. Owner will check out if it's a 1200 or 1600 ccm engine.

The car is located close to ÅLESUND, 372 km north of BERGEN.

Price: from NOK 3000,- = £ 240

I'm not going to buy it, anyone else: feel free to contact me.
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:44 pm

well at £240 its a damn good price,,, asumming its not a rot box !!... BUT ohh so many miles with a trailer and the ferry crossing... one would have to be right keen.. IAN!!!

:D

PS cannot remember do they drive on the left or right in Wales?
pbottomley

Postby Clara » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:56 am

pbottomley wrote:well at £240 its a damn good price,,, asumming its not a rot box !!... BUT ohh so many miles with a trailer and the ferry crossing... one would have to be right keen.. IAN!!!

:D

PS cannot remember do they drive on the left or right in Wales?

Down the middle is normal for Wales, or at least my driving experiences of Wales.

Do you think I could convince work to let me go on the next trip to Norway? We're doing work over there I'm sure no one would notice if I put a trailor on the back of the van. :lol:
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:06 am

I will stick me thumb out, so you can offer me a lift. I visited Oslo in 1991 was a fanstatic place if only a little expensive. 8)

I do know that some Viva owners are planning a trip next year some time. Would be nice to meet our brothers and sisters abroad (so to speak). :D

PS Clara they will notice a trailer, when the door of the ship closes, it will be poking out the back !
pbottomley

Return to Scrapyard Finds