1971 Tax Exempt Viva

So you found a Brabham Viva but its not your colour and its a bit sad, is it about to be crushed. Help save it by posting here!

1971 Tax Exempt Viva

Postby Chevetter » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:48 pm

Got a phonecall from my friendly scrappy today to say that he has just got a 1971 Viva in which sounds like its in reasonable nick.

The scrapyard is:

frank beale vehicle dismantlers ltd
bottom farm,
desborough airfield,
desborough
northants
Telephone: 01536 763088 OPEN EVERY SUNDAY

So hurry on over!
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Chevetter » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:43 am

Since you're all too lazy to go and look for yourselves I went. :wink:

The long and short of it is:

It runs and drives, but it's had both sills repaired (badly) all the way along and need 2 new front wings, the sills doing properly, both rear arches doing and a couple of additional plates here and there.

It has lots of good bits on it though particularly the chromework and interior.

Frank claims the car is on eBay but I can't find it despite a number of searches.

I have a couple more pics if required - the interior is black vinyl.
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

re

Postby doss » Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:33 am

That rear view mirror looks in good knick - if anyone down that way is going to go and have a look at it, it may be worth having me thinks.

The morrior that is
doss
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:02 am

LOL Ralph, Clara and me were going to get in contact with you Friday night, and arrange a dirty threesome down the scrap yard, but Clara says your too shy for that sort sort of thing. And more to the point I didnt have your number and Clara wasnt exactly firing on all cylinders.

Yes its on eBay £20 at the minute.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/vauxhall-viva-spares-or-repairs_W0QQitemZ220078601504
pbottomley

Postby Chevetter » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:53 pm

You worry me Bottomley - phrases like 'dirty threesome' trip off your tongue far to easily :lol:

I see the high bidder is a familiar name :wink:

If and when it doesn't meet the reserve, ring up Frank and offer him something along the lines of £100-£125 - that should be about the sort of money he'll take.
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby psl » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:18 pm

if it stops the banger boys getting it then job done, then all i`ve got to do is find it a new home! Would anyone be interested in it?
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:01 pm

I have room to store cars untill we can find them new homes, I have room at the moment for at least 6 cars so if a car is going begging and it is just a case of where do we put it, I can sort this out. I am also looking into the possibility of an unused garage that used to be an MOT and service station as well as a petrol station which may be coming up for rent. Any cars in the southwest of England through Wales and into the midlands not a problem as long as we can get them here. I am also willing to take cars that are too rotton to do anything with and hold them for spares for members of the club. All people would need to pay is postage and give a donation to club funds or maybe the club charity.

Ian.
AUTOMAN

Postby Chevetter » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:22 pm

Who wants to play guess the reserve? I'll have £150. Are you still planning on buying this Mr London?
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby psl » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:44 pm

im going to leave it £150. I just sold mine for £75 and its in much better condition then this. If it goes for much more then£125 then the buyer has been robbed.
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Chevetter » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:28 pm

Its the magic of eBay though isn't it, why view a car when you can just assume that its condition is the 'best case senario' beased upon the pictures and what the seller says?

Sometimes its hard to control that bidding finger though...
Chevetter
GT Viva
GT Viva

Next

Return to Scrapyard Finds