No fuses in the whole car?!

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

Postby Alexander » Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:41 pm

Now i have looked a little more on the wiring diagram, and i realized that the ignition coil is connected like the one on the first diagram, which i think means that its negative earth? Though my car is left hand drive, but maybe it doesnt mather on that?

//Alex
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:12 pm

Some LHD wiring diagram's then :wink:
Attachments
lhdpost66.jpg
LHD negative earth cars
lhdpost66.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 1530 times
lhdpre66.jpg
LHD positive earth cars
lhdpre66.jpg (1.07 MiB) Viewed 1530 times
pbottomley

wires

Postby vxmad » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:48 pm

Hi does your car have a dynamo or alternator if your car has a dynamo I should not worry to much if you connect a bettery up but take the wires off of the dynamo, then have a piece of wire and run it from the live on the battery and touch it on the field wire connector on the dynamo (small spade) you should have a small spark, do this a copuple of times and this will polarise the dynamo to what ever earth you want (neg or pos) then put wires back on dynamo I hope this helps if you get stuck PM me and I will give you my tel no and talk you through, if your car has a alternator it is most definatly neg earth regards steve
Last edited by vxmad on Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
is there any cure for buying vauxhall cars
vxmad
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: wires

Postby Alexander » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:54 pm

vxmad wrote:Hi if your car has a dynamo I should not worry to much if you connect a bettery up but take the wires off of the dynamo, then have a piece of wire and run it from the live on the battery and touch it on the field wire connector on the dynamo (small spade) you should have a small spark, do this a copuple of times and this will polarise the dynamo to what ever earth you want (neg or pos) then put wires back on dynamo I hope this helps if you get stuck PM me and I will give you my tel no and talk you through regards steve

Ok, thanks i will try to see with the wire diagrams if i can see if it is positive or negative otherwise i will test your way:P

I Showed some pictures to Pbottomley and some others and then i checked on his blog and saw that i have the very unusual seats in my viva :D

Now i have been in the garage and checked and now i know that i have negative earth. I saw it on how many cables there where going out of the solenoid starter switch :D So all i have to do now is the get a airfiltre, oilfiltre, oil, fix brakes, and fuel tubes, then test run it 8)

//Alex
Vauxhall Viva HA 1964
Alexander
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to Electrical help