no sighns of life.

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

no sighns of life.

Postby NoDak » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:16 am

I just recently purchased my viva. and am having a heck of a time with the electrics.. When i got it the ignition switch was tore off the collum with just a bit of mangled steel and metal left over the 4 way selector switch was still there with only the Aux and ignition wires left in it and a bump switch with the start (red white) and battery (brown) wires connected.. well trying this hodge podged set up nothing works.. trying to do anything with the start circut leads to nothing no clicks ticks or any sound of the starter initiating what soever.. That and having the M35J/I starter i only see one red wire conected to it and im not shure if there is spose to be another one. there or not.. Anyway i think my entire ignition start circuit is screwed.. I have all factory orange manuals for it but the wiring diagrams seem a lil veuge for me. that and i also have one disconnected wire a brown and yellow one associated with the alternator.. im not shure where that goes ether.

any help would be apreciated... yeah trying to get her to atleast running is my goal before i go back to the states with it. and right now i got 2 months to get this work done. So any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
NoDak
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby MattHC1600SL » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:12 am

Im not that far from you - Norwich.
I know about Vivas and I know about electrics. Im sure we can sort something, maybe I come down to you for a day and we will sort it?
Matt.
Vauxhall Viva HC 1600 OHC SL TDL 533J
Honey Starmist / Black Vinyl Roof
MattHC1600SL
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:51 am

Norfolk Bacon!!!!!! UMMMMMM
pbottomley

Postby NoDak » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:09 pm

that would be grand. seeing that i got every service book for the car i just need to figure it out.
NoDak
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby MattHC1600SL » Sun Jun 21, 2009 9:53 am

Ok - PM me and we will sort out a time. Matt.
Vauxhall Viva HC 1600 OHC SL TDL 533J
Honey Starmist / Black Vinyl Roof
MattHC1600SL
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Electrical help