Recommended Spot/Fog lights HC

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

Recommended Spot/Fog lights HC

Postby JimmyJam » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:40 pm

Hi all, can someone please suggest what spotlights or fog lights to fit onto my HC 73, I have some there already that work, see pic, but the chrome is all pitted and one of the glass lenses is cracked. I would not like them to look modern, but in similar style to what I have. The ones I have got at the mo, have a sort of hinge bracket. Thanks guys, look forward to hearing your views. Jimmy. PS: if anyone has a nice set..... For some reason it wont let me load a picture, keeps saying fatal error.
JimmyJam
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby coggers » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:19 pm

I bought a set of Wipac chrome jobbies , similar to these....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-WIPAC-STAINLESS ... 5ad576ed97

Haven't actually fitted them yet but you get the idea... compact , chrome , not too over the top .

Keep looking though because the ones I got were cheaper than those ones ^^ . Think I paid about £20 plus postage.

Give michaelHC a pm , I'm sure he has the same ones on his , he might have some decent pictures of them fitted
coggers
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby michaelHC » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:58 pm

Aye i've got wipac chrome ones, i'd recommend them - really bright and they've got stripes in the middle of the lens for spreading the beam sideways, and the sides of the lens are clear for long vision.

They were about £20. I've still got the box somewhere so pm me if you want the part number or a pic of them on the car. The pic on the left has the rally style plastic stonechip covers on 8)
michaelHC
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby michaelHC » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:01 pm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/5-1-2-WIPAC-SPOT- ... 35a1712aeb

thats them - shop around though you'll get em a lot cheaper :wink:
michaelHC
SL Viva
SL Viva

Thanks for the spot news

Postby JimmyJam » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi Guys, thanks for that, that is good info, how do these attach my ones hang below the car. Thank you both for your help. Jimmy.
JimmyJam
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby michaelHC » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:51 pm

They've got a simple metal bracket that attaches to your bumper. Could mount like mine, or hang them down no bother.
michaelHC
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Electrical help