warning lamp control/relay

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

warning lamp control/relay

Postby stuart » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi

The Ignition light is stopping on, new Alternator has been fitted, would it be warning lamp control or relay unit playing up if so can you still get these please,
68 viva Gt,
Also rev counter reads a little high 20,000 on tickover!! to me It looks like a MK2 one would that be it, any help on the above would be helpfull

Thanks
Stu
stuart
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: warning lamp control/relay

Postby StefanM » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:43 am

First of all, is it the correct type of alternator fitted? The warning light circuit does only work with the matching alternator.
I have new Lucas relays and regulators in stock if you need some.
StefanM
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby stuart » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:20 pm

StefanM wrote:First of all, is it the correct type of alternator fitted? The warning light circuit does only work with the matching alternator.
I have new Lucas relays and regulators in stock if you need some.

Hi
A new alternator has been fitted by the last owner, anyone know what the codes numbers should be on correct one ??
please before I buy the regulators etc

thanks
Stu
stuart
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby StefanM » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:19 am

here is some pictures and tips how to modify the Lucas 11AC alternator so you can skip some of the relays.
This shows how it should look and if you still prefer the original style parts I have them in stock if you need some.
http://www.rootesparts.com/id230.htm
StefanM
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby stuart » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:18 pm

StefanM wrote:here is some pictures and tips how to modify the Lucas 11AC alternator so you can skip some of the relays.
This shows how it should look and if you still prefer the original style parts I have them in stock if you need some.
http://www.rootesparts.com/id230.htm

Stefanm

Thank you ill have to read that more than once to try and understand electrics, :) if I can't ill be buying the Originals from you for sure

stuart
stuart
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to Electrical help