Poor starting, fine when warm....

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

Re: Poor starting, fine when warm....

Postby Rullverine » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:32 am

Id like to check that, but I dont have a voltmeter! Maybe I should be buying one!
Rullverine
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Rullverine » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:38 am

For some reason I cant pm you, so ill just trust the forum's good people. My number is 07729119423. Im at work at the mo until 5 though! Did my message about not having a volt meter post??
Thanks
Russ
Rullverine
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby tritonofnor » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:01 pm

bit of a late reply but i had very similar problems with a renault 5 recently, chased my way through the ignition system to the fuel system and back again. finally found after lots of time and cash, that the valve clearances had closed up. Reset the valves and hey presto smooth starting and running restored...
tritonofnor
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby dann01 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:57 am

tritonofnor wrote:bit of a late reply but i had very similar problems with a renault 5 recently, chased my way through the ignition system to the fuel system and back again. finally found after lots of time and cash, that the valve clearances had closed up. Reset the valves and hey presto smooth starting and running restored...

Renault 5... That takes me back. I had one of the first ones years ago. Didn't like the damp. The gear stick was in the dash board and was a bugger engage. Come to think of it, have driven quite a few Renaults. Had a 17TL. Very quick, looked like a bumper car from the front, in orange. Drove an 18 as a pool car... poor driving position, rusted to bits within 28 days of purchase, and nearly killed me in a smash... I guess that's why I don't like Renault.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Previous

Return to Electrical help