vauxhall viva Ha ignition switch

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

vauxhall viva Ha ignition switch

Postby 1964haviva » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:17 pm

Hi can anyone help me with a problem that has just started to raiseits ugley head. It started the other day while driving home it just cut out no lights on dash then seconds later came back on again ?
Its done this a doszen times and i fiddled with ignition switch and hey presto back on again.I PUT THIS DOWN TO A MASSIVE BUNCH OF KEYS PULLING SWITCH DOWN.
Can anyone tell me without dismantling is the ignition switch is it the same as the lucas type or has it male bullets on back to connect wire to.
Any help or parts gladly appreciated . regards Mark
Eat, sleep,and breath classic cars and classic motorbikes
1964haviva
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: vauxhall viva Ha ignition switch

Postby oli8925 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:51 pm

I've just sold an HA ign switch

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320982359751? ... t_54wt_950

As you can see it had male bullets on the back. Not sure if there were different types of switch used throught the HA years but I'd imagine not as they'd then have to change the connections on the loom.

Are you positive it's not an iffy light switch, connection or earth causing trouble? I had this happen on a Mini which was a faulty light switch, and on an HC which was the light switch burning out.
1989 Blue Mini 1000 Rebuild
1975 White De Luxe Viva HC
1994 Saab 9000 CSE
2002 F*rd Puma Thunder
oli8925
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby 1964haviva » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:24 pm

oli8925 wrote:I've just sold an HA ign switch

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320982359751? ... t_54wt_950

As you can see it had male bullets on the back. Not sure if there were different types of switch used throught the HA years but I'd imagine not as they'd then have to change the connections on the loom.

Are you positive it's not an iffy light switch, connection or earth causing trouble? I had this happen on a Mini which was a faulty light switch, and on an HC which was the light switch burning out.

Hi thanks for the reply i can see now its different to Lucas type. if you know any one with a spare please let me know . best regards Mark ps yes it is a switch problem auto electrician checked out system .
1964haviva
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby StefanM » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:34 am

I have several new ones if you can not locate one, I also have various keys, cylinders as well.
StefanM
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby 1964haviva » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:43 pm

Hi Stefan thanks for the offer but i have managed to pick up a very good second hand switch. and a few other spares from Adrian millner . top guy thanks for your help everyone .Mark
1964haviva
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Return to Electrical help