Central light cluster-bulb changing?

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

Central light cluster-bulb changing?

Postby chopper » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:57 am

How is the central `tell-tail` light assembly retained in a seven dial dash ref. access to change bulbs etc.-cheers :?
chopper
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Central light cluster-bulb changing?

Postby droopsnoot » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:06 am

The entire assembly is held on to the back of the dashboard with two small nuts, same size as the nuts that run across the bottom of the dash to hold it into the shell. But it can only be removed if you remove the entire dash panel, there isn't room to pull it backwards through the metal mounting frame, and I don't think you can get to the nuts either.

As I understand it, for changing bulbs the intention is that you reach up behind the dash and remove the bulbs individually as they're in separate holders that push into the back of the panel and twist around to hold in place. Either by removing the dash fill panel to the left of the steering column, or from the passenger side, or even by removing the central speaker cover panel if you don't have a speaker fitted there. A lot of it depends on how dextrous you are, and either disconnect the battery or don't wear a watch with a metal strap before you go in there.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Re: Central light cluster-bulb changing?

Postby chopper » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:06 pm

Thanks for that input-I just knew it was going to be awkward :thanx:
chopper
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Electrical help