Wiring to fuse box

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

Re: Wiring to fuse box

Postby vivapete3 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:10 am

Mike Robinson wrote:My HC has lost the supply to pins E2,E3,E4,E5 of the bulkhead connector, that is those terminals fed with the ignition ON through fuse 2. This seems to have happened after I used pin D5, which is also from ignition ON but un-fused, for an electric fuel pump supply (fed via a separate fuse).

There is still a circuit from the ignition switch to D5 but not to fuse 2.

I supose that there must be a broken connection between D5 and fuse 2, or possibly from some junction in wire 17 which provides the feed to from ignition ON to D5.

It looks as though it will need a lot of under-dash dismantling to access the plug and cabling there, so I would appreciate any thoughts or guidance on the problem

Thanks for your help

Hi, I am in the process of adding all the later electrical device's (e.g.powered screen wash, hazard warning lights etc)to my 1971 Viva, and raising the bulkhead/fuse connector unit out of the bulkhead platform area has greatly improved accessing wiring and all the connections, just have to renew a water tight seal on refitting, hope this is helpful, good luck, "vivapeteSLNO3"
Mike
vivapete3
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby vivapete3 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:18 am

Raising the bulkhead connector out of its mounting on the bulkhead platform has been a lot simpler than straining in the dark under the dash, just make sure a water tight seal is renewed on refitting, hope this helps, "vivapeteSLNO3"
vivapete3
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Mike Robinson » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:12 pm

Yes, that could be easier that way but on my Viva its just possible to disconnect the bulkhead connector from above but there is not enough slack in the loom to reconnect it, so you need to connect the lower (in-car) plug from below.

Mike
Mike Robinson
SL Viva
SL Viva

Previous

Return to Electrical help