Screen washer

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

Screen washer

Postby vivapete3 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:21 am

Hi, anyone have a screen washer bottle with working motor? Or where a may try to get one or washer bottle manufactured now and all advice gratefully received, thanx , vivapete3
vivapete3
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Screen washer

Postby droopsnoot » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:34 am

Do you need the bottle and motor, or is it just that your motor has stopped working? When I rebuilt the Firenza, I used a standard washer motor from somewhere like Halfords, and fixed it to the bottle top in place of the original one. I recall that the mounting holes were virtually in the same place and although it's clearly not the original, it's not miles away.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Re: Screen washer

Postby vivapete3 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:44 am

droopsnoot wrote:Do you need the bottle and motor, or is it just that your motor has stopped working? When I rebuilt the Firenza, I used a standard washer motor from somewhere like Halfords, and fixed it to the bottle top in place of the original one. I recall that the mounting holes were virtually in the same place and although it's clearly not the original, it's not miles away.

Hi thanx for your reply, it's the motor which has failed, good idea that I'll try Halfords or similar, cheers, vivapete3!
vivapete3
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Electrical help