Fuses

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

Fuses

Postby tom221 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:59 pm

Does anyone know where I can get hold of 25mm glass fuses for my HC Viva? At the minute Ive got a couple of peices of foil shoved in the fuse box because I can't find replacements for a couple of blown fuses. The ones I took out were 50A, I assume they're so high because there are only 4 fuses which everything runs off. I've looked everywhere but the biggest I can get is 40A, and they were too long for the cradle anyway. Does anyone know where I can get some? or even better does anyone have any?
Thanks,
Tom
tom221
First Post
First Post

Postby lambaj » Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:13 am

Hi Tom

I cannot say for certain what the correct fuses are for the HC, but I can guarantee they should not be 50 Amps! That is a massive amount of current and your fuse box will turn to molten plastic before one of them blows !!
Somebody on here can advise you of the correct ratings, and I think most motor factors still sell the 1" fuses in the small prepacks - even Halfruads..... If you are completely stuffed for suppliers I should be able to help out. Drop me a Pm if you cannot source them locally.

Cheers
Tony (ha21)
"Ere look - thats one of them Mk2 Vauxhall Cortinas....!!"
lambaj
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby lisbon_road » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:26 am

HB ones were 35, still probably generous for most of the circuits. Like said, not hard to find from motor factors or older garages.
lisbon_road
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby steff » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:00 pm

My 71 HC uses 35A and I got them for 20p each from local motor factor. PM me if your stuck and i will get you some.

Steff
steff
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Electrical help