Tempetrature Sender for HA Van

Tips and help requests for your cars electrics. Post your tips help other sort problems out.

Tempetrature Sender for HA Van

Postby SPEEDY » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:25 pm

Can anyone tell me if the temp switch/senders listed on ebay like this one for the HC viva will fit my 1978 van 1256 engine?
ImageImageImageRETRO VAUXHALLS OF THE VIVA KIND
SPEEDY
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:16 pm

Look at the head, if the temp probe is at the front and is next to a water pipe coming upwards and off to the heater then yes.... If your temp probe is at the back of the head (near heater) then NO.
pbottomley

Postby SPEEDY » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:16 pm

Its at the back. No anywhere I can get one then?
If temp gauge had been working correctly (I know its a luxury in a van anyway but)I wouldn't have had such a catastrophic over heat on the way to billing!
ImageImageImageRETRO VAUXHALLS OF THE VIVA KIND
SPEEDY
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby ADRIAN » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:00 am

The correct sender unit is a 7954996 - the last four digits 4996 is actually stamped on the sender. There were many sender units of this type, but only the 4996 is suitably calibrated for the HA & HB temp guages. Buy using anything other than the correct one, others that you may find to fit and you will find that the guage reads wrongly (tells lies!) The 4996 is a very rare sender, but I can help you with new one if you wish to get in touch
regards
Adrian
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to Electrical help