Please help Newbie Viva HC

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Please help Newbie Viva HC

Postby fungus » Mon Nov 02, 2009 10:24 pm

Can somebody please help me.

I have just purchased my first Viva hc 1973, and I am in need of some help/parts.

Just below on the right hand side of my steering coloumn, there is a big hole there. It looks like its missing part of the beige console their. Do you know what is meant to go there, and if you do, do you have any parts like this available.

Also, someone has fitted a grey middle cosole over the gear stick, with a stereo mounted in it, I do ot believe this to be correct, as the rest of the interior is beige and brown, and this cenre console is grey/black. Could you tell me if this car had a radio at all, where it was originally meant to go, and do you have any original radios.

I would really appreciate your time and reply.

Kind Regards

Jimmy Nicola

PS I have attached a photo to show you what I mean, hope you can help.
Attachments
missing interior.jpg
missing interior.jpg (273.21 KiB) Viewed 1481 times
fungus
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:35 am

The piece you're missing is the same on all HCs regardless of interior colour (that piece is always black) or body style, so it shouldn't be hard to find one.

The centre console looks like an aftermarket one, or possibly out of something else, looks a bit like Mk1 Fiesta. As standard the Viva had no place to fit a radio, I believe the dealer solution was to fit a pod at the bottom of the dashboard in the centre. It also only had one speaker location, at the centre top of the dashboard.

There are suitable holes in the bottom front corners of the front doors (or there are on 2-door at least, I've never looked in a 4-door) where you can speakers, or I've also seen them fitted in small pods below either side of the dashboard, but you have to be careful to keep them out of the way of careless feet.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Missig Interior Trim

Postby JimmyJam » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:42 pm

Thanks Dropsnoot, that was really helpful. All I have to to now is find this part. I think you have a parts wanted section. Thanks again. Jimmy
JimmyJam
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby dann01 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:43 pm

If you wanna be really clever you can make 5 inch speaker brackets to fit high in the corners of the front footwells. Out of the way, you can have a stereo system, but without the ugly holes in the door cards or pods that look out of place.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby hbpeter » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:15 pm

I'm confused, who owns the green HC, Fungus or Jimmy?? Or is it the forum playing silly buggers? Or is it me?

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby pbottomley » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:17 pm

Fungus is the username but that person signs their emails Jimmy.....
pbottomley

Postby hbpeter » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:19 pm

I thought Fungus had a HA? Or am I being really stupid?

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Jimmy has the green car

Postby JimmyJam » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:21 pm

Hi sorry a a about confusion, it's jimmyjam who owns the green car looking for dash trim. Cheers
JimmyJam
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby pbottomley » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Right i am now as confussed as Peter...

FUNGUS and JIMMJAM are you one in the same person ???? you are answering each others posts and both ask for the same parts for the same car ???
pbottomley

I am jimmyjam not fungus

Postby JimmyJam » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:36 pm

My name is jimmyjam, nothing else, yes I am looking for that dash part, I don't think anyone else is. Sorry for confusion. Jimmy from woodford London
JimmyJam
SL Viva
SL Viva

Next

Return to Bodywork