Door Mirrors

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Door Mirrors

Postby Spence » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:48 pm

Ive bought a pair of "bullet" mirrors for my firenza, the original layout was wing mirrors so i have no provision for mirrors to be mounted to my doors...

Has anyone got any pictures of how to do it etc (same idea as HPF) because obviously that part of the skin is curved, and the inside is solid

the mirrors i bought are to be bolted from the inside of the door

thanks in advance 8)
Spence
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby ade » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:05 pm

I put some bullet style mirrors on my sports hatch, couldnt see very good through them very good especialy the passenger side. These are what i had

Big black and loud lol
ade
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby coggers » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:00 pm

Yeah I've got them on mine too but like Ade says , they're not the best for visibility ! They look cool though !

I would bolt them through the top part of the skin , the flat bit . A double-jointed helper would be handy too 'cos those bolts are a bit fiddly to get to ...

^^^^ I had to buy a couple of those stick-on blind spot things from Halfords because I just couldn't see anything in them at all and I couldn't seem to adjust them to suit me . Of course you could just buy the ones with the convex glass instead... :lol:
coggers
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Spence » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:52 am

thanks guys! most appreciated!! i don't think there is going to many old style mirrors that'll give you the same vision as modern cars without spoiling the look of the car :(

the mirrors it did have were way up front on the wings, you can't see anything in them when its raining so if i can see anything out of the bullets, it'll be bonus :wink:
Spence
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Bodywork