Am i missing summat?? grrr floor!!

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Am i missing summat?? grrr floor!!

Postby Spence » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:01 am

April fools aint till, well april, so what gives? I purposely bought vectra gsi recaros for the adaptor plates to weld direct to my floor...

pucka and easy i thought... wrong!!! i got them where i wanted all lined up and welded in like looking dandy untill i walked to the back of the car.

both seats are high on the inside (prop tunnel) and low by the doors to the tune of nearly half a chuffin inch.

the floor despite visually looking level, isn't, is this right??
Spence
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Jon-HPF » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:21 am

Lots of seats are fixed like this - never assume the mounting points on the seats and the floor will be level with each other - you will be lucky if they are .
Sorry Spence its that old saying - measure it 3 times then fit/make it.
Jon
"Thats a nice looking Capri you got there mate!"
Jon-HPF
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Spence » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:32 am

Jon-HPF wrote:Lots of seats are fixed like this - never assume the mounting points on the seats and the floor will be level with each other - you will be lucky if they are .
Sorry Spence its that old saying - measure it 3 times then fit/make it.
Jon

"assumptions are the mother of all **** ups"

just checking that i haven't got a duff thats all mate! i know panel alignment etc back then was bad but crickey!

thats all i needed to know, i'll carry on with the adjustments :wink:

Jon, ive got an email here waiting to send ya can you pm me your email addy please?
Spence
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Am i missing summat?? grrr floor!!

Postby simon cummings » Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:52 pm

I had similar problems until I noticed some white plastic spacers about 1/2" long that i had forgot to put back!
Everything magically leveled itself up with them back in place!
V6 HC 2.8 INJECTION
65 HA DELUXE
HA 248.
simon cummings
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Am i missing summat?? grrr floor!!

Postby dann01 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:26 pm

The floors of the HC I do know are approx half inch lower at the door than they are at the tunnel. The original seats in later models were installed with nylon spacers under the rails closest the doors. It didn't matter in the early models, cost the seats were swivel bar type with floor mounted metals.

I bolted my newer seat in with hardwood spacers to compensate for the difference each side... That's always assuming you like your butt to sit level and not lobsided.
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Return to Bodywork