Rust Damaged Repaired

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Rust Damaged Repaired

Postby magnum1300 » Sun May 23, 2010 12:49 pm

Been working at the rust on my magnum, only a very small amount which im thankful for. Quite lucky to have to little. These are some pics of the bogging, its now all sanded back and primed for painting now, unfortunately i have to get the paint custom made, so might be a while before i do that. But at least its protected which is the main thing :D

magnum1300

Re: Rust Damaged Repaired

Postby pbottomley » Sun May 23, 2010 1:30 pm

Been using toothpaste? :goodluck:
pbottomley

Postby Jon-HPF » Tue May 25, 2010 8:46 pm

if its holed -Cut it out and weld in new metal - it will only come back :cry: If not holed then do yourself a favour and completely remove all rust spores with wire wheel on drill , then apply an anti corrossion solution , then a decent rust inhibitor primer then its ready for colour :) It doesnt look that bad , but you wont know unless you start removing the paint and get back to bare metal (hopefully not looking like a lace curtain)
Just dabbing on some rust killer product will not cure the problem :cry:
Jon
"Thats a nice looking Capri you got there mate!"
Jon-HPF
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby oli8925 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Doing this on my Viva at the moment and hating it :( don't have the patience. Got scabs and chips in near enough every panel though luckily no holes so sanding down, kurust, then primer.

Got some paint from Halfrauds although they have Monaco White 1 and 2. Went for what I thought was the nearest match but I'm not so sure its the right shade. Will be fun finding out :roll:
1989 Blue Mini 1000 Rebuild
1975 White De Luxe Viva HC
1994 Saab 9000 CSE
2002 F*rd Puma Thunder
oli8925
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby shamm » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:34 am

C&C Car Colours in Crawley will make you up proper Celly in rattle cans in Monaco white, they have the wide spray nozzle as which gives better coverage.
Steve Hammond

Two 2.3 Viva's, one 2.3 Viva Estate, one 2.3 Magnum estate, half share in a 1.6 Viva auto, and no time (HC183)
shamm
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to Bodywork