Cost info

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Cost info

Postby Martyn » Tue May 03, 2011 11:42 am

Hi all

Was not too sure of which section to post this question, so...

As my project is slowly progressing I have now nearly reached the point of respray, and then of course interior.
Now has anyone got any knowledge of cost for a bare metal respray and a full retrim? I understand that prices will vary depending on paint, so let's say it's a kandy paint. As for interior I'm thinking leather.

Any ideas of cost anyone?

Cheers
Martyn
Martyn
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Cost info

Postby pbottomley » Tue May 03, 2011 1:19 pm

Would of thought it was a bodywork question and therfore goes in the bodywork section... that asisde

bodywork prices are normally done by the hour, and its all about the finish and quality you want.... just spraying it without any realy prep work will obvioulsy be a lot cheaper than spending weeks flatting it down and making sure thinsg are just so.

My HA took the best part of a two weeks and that was a quick job, i have seen a rathe rnice ascona 400 not to far form me take 6 months to prep!!! before paint, but its perfect in everyway.

I susepct interiro trim is the same its about the quality of finish you want...

I think your better to visit a few paintshops with a budject number in your head and see what they say... :goodluck:
pbottomley

Re: Cost info

Postby Graeme » Thu May 05, 2011 11:11 pm

For the bodywork side, totally depends on the condition of the metal.

If its all good bare metal and not needing alot of filler work your probably looking for a good job best part of £2,000

for interior look into MJ interiors or Classic Car Services. both good and resonably priced.
Graeme
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Bodywork