bodypart inside wing

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

bodypart inside wing

Postby ove » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:35 pm

i wonder if it is possible to buy new bodyparts to viva ? link ?
i need that protecktion plate whitch is mounted with screws innside fronwings, inside the weelhouse...
ove
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: bodypart inside wing

Postby droopsnoot » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:50 am

These come up on eBay from time to time, I have also seen them home-made from galvanised steel. I don't fit them myself, in case stuff gets trapped behind them. At least if it's all open, it's easier to hose it out. Just my opinion.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby dann01 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:00 pm

Splash guards... If you intend using your Viva in all weather, they are a must, as dirt, snow, and everything ends up in that cavity. Summer users only no problem to leave them off.

When/if you put them on, just make sure you give all areas a generous coat of waxoyle or similar and make sure the drainage holes at the bottom are kept clear. (Leaves and stuff can find there way in from the skuttle panel at the top of the bulkhead.)

Just advise.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:43 am

That's a fair point, mine is a summer car only, and I try to hose that bit out whenever I've been out with the car.

I think the trouble with the originals was mainly when the cardboard bit at the top rotted away, it wasn't easy to see and meant that leaves and junk could get over the top and clog up behind the shield. Maybe replace that bit with something a bit more modern and hard-wearing, perhaps some kind of acrylic sheet or thick rubber.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby dann01 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:24 am

Lined the entire outside edge of mine with Alcore (A kind of flexible lining they use for flat roofs) and simply riveted it in position, but a bit of old rubber mat would do for the top, as long as it's rigid enough to sit flush to the upper flat of the wing to keep the muck out.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby ove » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:25 pm

thanks fore answers :D anyone have a drawing or something to se how this plate looks ? link ?
most innterested to know how it is fastened. i think i can se 2 skrews under bodyshutz.

i will use my car til the first snow came here in Norway ca november
ove
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby dann01 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:06 pm

The two screw holes in the inner wing/bulkhead are it. Some of the later patern splash guards have metal flaps at the bottom edge that curl over the wing/sill, but that's it.

Note, they are tricky to angle into position, so is best to raise the car and have the wheels off for clearance.

Dan
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby StefanM » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:46 am

I have new ones available to the LH side
/ Stefan, sweden
StefanM
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby hbpeter » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:11 pm

Many moons ago didnt the club have some of these made? Any still about?

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby simon cummings » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:28 pm

Yes i bought some club ones years ago in glassfibre, the only problem was the way they were moulded left the rough side on show and the nice side hidden away forever!
I have got a pair of nos Vauxhall ones and the top flap is rubber not card.
V6 HC 2.8 INJECTION
65 HA DELUXE
HA 248.
simon cummings
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Bodywork