Coupe Rear spoiler

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Coupe Rear spoiler

Postby doss » Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:32 pm

Here,s one for you.
I have a quite nice looking very low rear spoiler on my Firena. Only problem is it is rubber.
My Question is :
Any ideas on how I go about making a mould from my rubber one to make a fibreglass copy of it, what,s the normal method for making a mould and from what material is it best made. Would be nice to make a fibreglass one then I could work at it until I have some nice straight lines.
Also could be used again to make more.

Any ideas ? :lol: :P

HC436
doss
SL Viva
SL Viva

Into Rubber?

Postby ADRIAN » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:15 pm

Years ago (Showing my age) rubber spoilers were available for sixties saloon cars, but had died out by the seventies because they all went "plastic".
I can remember having one on my HB in my teens, but because you couldnt paint them, the black rubber always put black stains down the bodywork. Yuk
This was at a time when we had Hillman Imp wheels on our Viva HB's cause they were wider, centre consoles for our radio / cassettes, small steering wheels, fur on the dash, front spoilers, if we were lucky - a Viva GT bonnet. We were not so much into originality then, we just wanted to be cool, and pull the chicks. (never worked though)
So your rubber spoiler is an old one. Dont know how you get a mould off rubber, but I think you have to use latex with a non-stick agent.?

ADRIAN
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to Bodywork