Door Mirror

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Door Mirror

Postby Andrew Morris » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:03 am

Any experts here on Door Mirrors,

I have a door mounted mirror,chrome excellent,glass ,not cracked but gone to a sort of pitting on the glass and worst of all it flops around in the breeze as the coiled spring thingy behind the cover offers no tension at all.

Can you get them ?

The mirror is branded Wincarl?

Andrew
Andrew Morris
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Door Mirror

Postby fistfullofV5's » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:51 pm

Hi Andrew, although I wouldn't class myself as a mirror ninja I think the make you are looking for is Wingard. They are still available and a quick search on the Bay will show some door mount types for sale. It sounds like the silvering on the mirror back has broken down on yours. Its an ageing process that occurs unfortunately. As for the flopping about,that may call for some temporary imaginative bodgery on your part till you can source a replacement.
Regards, Dave.
fistfullofV5's
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Andrew Morris » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:29 pm

fistfullofV5's wrote:Hi Andrew, although I wouldn't class myself as a mirror ninja I think the make you are looking for is Wingard. They are still available and a quick search on the Bay will show some door mount types for sale. It sounds like the silvering on the mirror back has broken down on yours. Its an ageing process that occurs unfortunately. As for the flopping about,that may call for some temporary imaginative bodgery on your part till you can source a replacement.
Regards, Dave.

Ah ha, E bay it is then,cheers
Andrew Morris
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby bedfordbad » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:06 am

Hi, Andrew, Dave our resident mirror ninja is right,
Ive a few old door mirrors lying around, if you send a piccie to bedfordbad@talktalk.net i might be able to find a replacement for you, Or indeed you might get a new one on ebay.....
steve
BEDFORD HAE AAB412H
BEDFORD HA ROMA UJJ742F
BEDFORD HA 130 TNN514R
VARIOUS HA VANS AND ROMA`S FOR SPARES.
bedfordbad
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Andrew Morris » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:06 pm

bedfordbad wrote:Hi, Andrew, Dave our resident mirror ninja is right,
Ive a few old door mirrors lying around, if you send a piccie to bedfordbad@talktalk.net i might be able to find a replacement for you, Or indeed you might get a new one on ebay.....
steve

Will do Steve,off to find my Camera

Thanks

Andrew
Andrew Morris
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Bodywork