inner wing/hinge panel

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

inner wing/hinge panel

Postby roybo » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:24 am

hi all,wondering....does anyone know of a repair panel for the inner wing where it returns for the wing to attach
and hinge panel it's not so much rotten just been hacked about when the wing was removed just in process of joining the club do they do any panels thanks in advance Roy :thanx:
roybo
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: inner wing/hinge panel

Postby droopsnoot » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:15 pm

Assuming this is HC, there were repair sections for the bonnet hinge area available, failing that they're not too hard to make from scratch depending on exactly where the problems are. Photos would probably help.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby roybo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:18 pm

yes it is an hc, not rotten but i need to repair the return above where the wing had been removed by a previous owner
the metal is a little thin to weld to in this area so thought best replace while doing the job
Attachments
roybo
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby roybo » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:21 pm

droopsnoot I would rather use a repair section if i can ,theres a few ribs and a recess for the hinge reinforcement (boomerang shaped bit) that i may find a little difficult to fabricate do you know if the club can get hold of them mate
roybo
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:59 am

Any repair section you get now will be either new old stock or "reclaimed", but I can't tell you whether the club can get them, probably best to contact the club spares chap directly. The lip itself wouldn't be too bad to make, it just depends on how far down the inner wing you need to go before you get to solid metal.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby GTpete » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:01 pm

Think people have used Ford repair panels (Iip repair sections) in the past as they are more common... :D
GTpete
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Bodywork