HVLP sprayers

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Re: HVLP sprayers

Postby Graeme » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:26 pm

You should ideally use different guns for different products. A primer gun should have a bigger fluid tip to get slit more product on.

Personally have 7 but it's my job so makes it worth my while.

I have the luxury of gun cleaners but if you can get some gun cleaner thinners it will help. About £30 for 25 litres. If you can strip it down with cap off, fluid tip off and needle out. Then leave it to sit in thinners with the gun fully submerged in a big jug. Leave it for a good 15 mins and then get a gun cleaning kit with brushes and get it in there. Then leave to sit in some clean thinners. Don't throw the thinners as can use it all again for 10 mins. Then take it all out. Reassemble and dry off.
Graeme
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Paul Dawson » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:18 pm

I have a cheapo gun for primer, but I have yet to invest in one for topcoat.

I have good quality thinners for the paint, and some cheaper stuff for cleaning. Basically I took the gun to bits, soaked the nozzle and head in thinners and then cleaned them out with a brush and wooden *Bleep* sticks.

The rest of the gun I ran through with thinners, brushed then dried it. It will be a while before I'm topcoating so I'll buy a better gun nearer the time.
Paul Dawson
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Graeme » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:43 pm

A very good gun for the money is a DeVilbiss FLG.

Can use it for any thing apart from water based basecoats. Doesn't atomise well enough for water based.
Graeme
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to Bodywork