hc estate glass trim

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

hc estate glass trim

Postby cooperman » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:35 am

hi does anyone have any tips on how to remove the painted cover trims on the rear side glass on an hc estate? don't want to mash them if theres a clip that i cant see. any comments appreciated. marcus
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: hc estate glass trim

Postby 1972nail » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:17 pm

The window has to be removed complete with trim and rubber. Then the rubber has to be teased from the trim to avoid damaging the probably very brittle rubber. That's why most are repainted in-situ.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby cooperman » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:58 pm

thanks for the help
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:22 am

The window frames for estate, saloon, and coupe are all of the same structure design - back of the front door on B post here are couple of self tappers to remove. the frame shape olong the top archs over the window rubber gripping it - along the bottom edge there is a metal blade which pushes into ta grove in the window rubber. As Dave says youneed to tease this out of the slot 1st - I have managed to remove the frame without removinf the rubber and glass - not done the other bit - like put it back :roll: looks like it might be a one way trip without removing the glass and putting it back all in one go. Looks like I am going to find out on my green estate soon as I noticed that the trim (shiny bit)has had something drop on it which has bent it out revealing a load of tin worm attacking the frame - anyone got a spare o/s frame - sods law - I sold my spare pair 18 months ago :roll: :imsmiling:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Return to Bodywork