Anyone breaking hc viva shell

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Anyone breaking hc viva shell

Postby OUL 735 L » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:22 pm

Hi, New to the forum, Am after a couple of repair panels for a Firenza I have purchased, do you know of anyone breaking a HC Viva, I am looking for the the bottom angle panel that the bulkhead panel attaches to, that is the angle bracket that runs across the top of the Bulkhead,also the bracket that keeps the washer bottle to the inner wing

Also a repair panel for drivers rear wheel arch, only require bottom 8 inches in case someone has a butchered or s/hand panel
OUL 735 L
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Anyone breaking hc viva shell

Postby droopsnoot » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:23 am

Can you post some photos of the area on the bulkhead you're referring to? I've done quite a lot of repair work on mine in that area but can't think of what you mean. Unless it's the piece that the heater and wiper cover connects to, in red oxide on this photo:

I could probably make another as I still have the template, but it has to be done in three sections where the original panel was a single one across the whole width of the car. And while I can get the curve correct to my heater cover it might not be exactly the same as yours, so some adjustment might be required.

I think of the bulkhead as the panel that goes from the flat section (where the fuse box mounts) down to where it joins the floor near the pedals. If I'm not right above, come back with a bit more detail and/or photos of the section you mean.

I've made a pattern for the washer bottle bracket, and could provide one for £15 + P&P made from 18swg steel. (The one I made is on the left...)

I can't help on wheelarch repair sections, though I do know someone who is awaiting a quote to re-start production on these. Trouble is, the bottom bit is where most go due to accumulation of mud, so you'd be more likely to find someone who has all except that bit. Oh, is it the bottom 8" at the back of the wheelarch, or the front?
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:45 pm

This was spotted on ebay - might help
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-viva ... _177wt_959
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby OUL 735 L » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi, The red oxide primer panel in 3 bits is exactly what I require, would definately be interested in buying from yourself, also am intersted in purchasing the washer bottle bracket as well, the wheel arch 8" is both sides. can't upload pics. getting message

The image must be at least 0 pixels wide, 0 pixels high and at most 800 pixels wide and 600 pixels high. The submitted image is 2592 pixels wide and 1728 pixels high.
OUL 735 L
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:55 pm

OK, I've sent you a message directly.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby bedfordbad » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:53 pm

Welcome to our forum, nice to see a bit more north east vivering!
Use a free picture resizer (google it) to resize the photos down to required amount of pixels then try posting again...
steven
BEDFORD HAE AAB412H
BEDFORD HA ROMA UJJ742F
BEDFORD HA 130 TNN514R
VARIOUS HA VANS AND ROMA`S FOR SPARES.
bedfordbad
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby 1972nail » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:22 pm

Or use a picture hosting site like photobucket and place the 'image' link to your chosen picture in the thread.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby OUL 735 L » Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:51 pm

Hi, See if this works, 3 main pics of firenza shell
Attachments
OUL 735 L
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Bodywork