Paint Spraying

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Paint Spraying

Postby Bob perry » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:36 pm

Wondered of anyone in this part of the world is able to help me with a re-paint for my HA SL?

I need the lower half/door/bonnet and boot repainted, everything except the roof basically!!
White with a black stripe.
I have limited experience of paintwork. O.K. with aerosols but need a better job doing.

I need someone that has the room and equipment to do the job, within a reasonable distance of Farnborough.

I don't mind paying, but I have been quoted some humungous prices by local body shops, one was £2k!!!, and as much as I love my Viva, I can't justify that sort of expense.

Don't want a concourse job, I just want a half decent paint job!

Any help would be appreciated.
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Re: Paint Spraying

Postby kriswalsh » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:51 pm

body work is all about the prep, maybe if you prep it then you will get a cheaper price, I will have a word with my dad as he knows someone in high Wycombe that does a half decent job. He painted my last car for £1k but I stripped and prep.

I once painted a nova panel by panel using rattle cans. 5 layers of paint, then 1200 grit wet & dry, followed by 1500 grit. Then buffed it up using cutting compound. Done the whole car for £120. Looked mint.
kriswalsh
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby rizzo » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:13 pm

For that size of car 2k would be about right at a good paint shop. my brother has just paid 3k for a mk1 cortina full respray which involved alot of prep work.
HB 1159 1968 10K White
HB 4000 1968 Green
rizzo
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:48 pm

I would budget for £3k if you are not doing the prep - and if you do do the prep and the paint job has probs later who is to blame? :oops:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Return to Bodywork