Paint code 549

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Paint code 549

Postby Hubert64 » Mon May 08, 2017 3:06 pm

Hello,

Owner of a Viva HA of 1965 (LHD sold and registered in Belgium), I wonder if anyone could help relating to the color code of my car.

Under the bonnet, there is a plate that says "General Motors Continental Antwerp...{then chassis and engine numbers}....Release 5-2658-2 paint 549"

Having to respray a part of the car, I'm trying to find the same paint but my car is painted in a kind of metallic green (I'm sure it's the original colour because the dasboard is also in that colour).

The problem is that the paint code 549 corresponds either to a "Marseille red" on the vauxhall paint chart for modern cars or to another colour (a kind of grey I think) on the vauxhall paint chart for vauxhalls of 1965.

Would anyone know where I can find the reference to a metallic green for a Viva Ha ? I might be wrong but this colour doesn't seem to be indicated in the list of colours of the vauxhall viva owners club.

Would it be possible that my Vauxhall was assembled in Antwerp where GM had a factory and that it was painted with a different colour than the Vauxhalls in England ?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Hubert64
Hubert64
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Paint code 549

Postby Fred Dukes » Mon May 08, 2017 6:27 pm

If your only getting a part respray forget the paint code and get a paint supplier to colour match to what you have as even if it is to the original paint code it will have aged :goodideasign:
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Re: Paint code 549

Postby Hubert64 » Wed May 10, 2017 7:42 am

Thank you for your advice. I think I will follow it.

Truly yours,

Hubert.
Hubert64
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Bodywork