Viva floorpan

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Viva floorpan

Postby Adriaan » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:26 am

Hello everyone,

I'm restoring a Dutch viva from 1970 for my neighbour. Whilst he is very good with mechanical work, he's not a welder. I've restored a couple of old citroëns and a few Allegro's. I'm not a stranger to welding.

Back to the Viva. The complete floor underneath the front seats has rusted away. The rest of the car is okay. I was.wondering if there is a complete floorpan with tunnel or perhaps the separate parts for sale somewhere?

If there is someone here who knows, I'd be very grateful for your help.

Greetings,

Adrian.
Adriaan
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Viva floorpan

Postby hbpeter » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:01 pm

No floor pans were ever available. Either make your own or find a scrap car and cut them out.

Peter
Reading between the lines, dangerous if your waiting for a train.
hbpeter
Register Rep

Postby ADRIAN » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:16 pm

Viva HB / HC floorpans ARE available. From Australia only. Look at the "Rare Spares" website. Then search under Holden.....Torana....TJ The floorpans are expensive to buy and carriage and taxes /duty etc all add up. But they are a very good fit, with moulded fluting in the correct places. Better than a flat sheet of tin.
Adrian
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Colin » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:47 pm

Good stuff on this site. Sadly no panels for HB Torana, but a few of the LC / LJ Torana panels might be adaptable for HB / HC Viva in addition to the above mentioned floorpans? Eg: the boot floor repair sections and spare wheel well?

http://www.rarespares.net.au/rarespares ... r+Sections
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby ADRIAN » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:37 am

The LC / LJ Torana used the floorpan, two door doors, A post, front scuttle and front windscreen with its rubber from the Vauxhall Viva HB. Forward of the scuttle, it had longer wings (Holden) and rearwards of the doors it was a coupe bodystyle (Holden)
The front floorpan they make is same as Viva HB, which in turn will also fit HC.
Adrian
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to Bodywork