Viva GT or 2 door panels

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Viva GT or 2 door panels

Postby obees » Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Vauxhall green spares have a pair of rear wing assemblies on eBay priced at £450 each complete parts B post to rear lights. 7/4/2018
obees
SL Viva
SL Viva

Re: Viva GT or 2 door panels

Postby StefanM » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:13 am

I have a similar rear wing complete from the A-post. That is a massive panel............ :D
StefanM
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby pbottomley » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Stefen, but you dont happen to have the door cars themselves for a 2 door SL or GT do you ???
pbottomley

Postby StefanM » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:19 am

door cards, the interior bits? No I have some but as I have a GT myself they are not for sale. I have some NOS items but they are like bananas although not cracked in any way. I dont have much hope for them.
StefanM
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby 1972nail » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:37 pm

StefanM wrote:door cards, the interior bits? No I have some but as I have a GT myself they are not for sale. I have some NOS items but they are like bananas although not cracked in any way. I dont have much hope for them.

Hmmm, bananas you say? Could they not be gently soaked and placed on a prepared former to dry? I know that's a simplistic description but it can be done, can't remember where I saw the results of such action but it turned out fine.

The restorer carefully prepared an inner and an outer plywood former to the curve of the panel. He then carefully removed the pvc covering and foam to reveal the hardboard core. He soaked the hardboard panel in warm soapy water (soap to reduce surface tension and aide penetration of the warm water) and then placed the panel on the inner former and clamped the outer former tight until it all dried out.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Return to Bodywork