Rear Seat belts

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Postby AUTOMAN » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:08 am

I have been speaking to an engineer in Cardiff, who sais that it is possible to fit rear seatbelts to an hc estate, as I am trying to get this done on my new one when it arrives. I am also considering having the green one done, as I believe this would be for the safety of my children who travel in the rear all the time. If it can be done safely with no major modifications to the structure of the car, then I don't care what it costs, as safety is the most important thing. My wife will now even sell her car to pinch one of my viva's if it can be done, ( I think that she is warming to the viva ) lol, When I find out more, I will post the information for all to see.
AUTOMAN

HC wanted

Postby Sid » Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:13 am

My HB had them. They're DIY fittable. Inertia reels bolt through the back shelf (sitting unsightly in view which is why I removed
them), other mounts go under the seat.
I think I've still got them (3 complete belts if I remember rightly), assuming I can find them I'd sell the *whole* kit to anybody
interested for £30 including postage.

*One* belt costs about £40 new on the internet, so £30 for 3 is quite a bargain :-)

Sid
Sid
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to Bodywork