A cheese Gratter

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

A cheese Gratter

Postby pbottomley » Sat Nov 04, 2006 4:50 pm

Well today was the first day I have had to look at the green machine (Me New estate, and what a nice car it is. Cheers Ian

I lifted the old carpet out and I noticed a lot of flacky metal in the drivers footwell, so out came the screwdrive and how I wish I hadnt !

So its back in with all the seats and seatbelts and i drove it up to the welder.... we shall see on Monday what the damage is. might be a lot more than you can see in the picture... BUT its not the end of the work nor does it worry it at all.

After all here is the car after a wash and it looks so good.

pbottomley

Postby kellyharding » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:28 pm

Another cheesy Viva? you like Viva Cheese it seems ;)

I'm kinda looking forward to swapping the HA for that estate :)

Kelly
kellyharding

Postby pbottomley » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:21 pm

well good news on this car, so far i have changed all the dash, res et the radio in a more user freindly position, and check the wiring over...

I have also changed the babay carb that was on the car to a better Stomberg 150 (thanks Dave) and the car seems to run better, even if it does need a damn good tune.

I have swapped out the radiator, the hoses and flushed the water system.

I have lubbed the wipers as they were almost non existant.

I have obtained a carpet and soem newer underlay for the cabin, cleaned out the boot.... just got to get some double sided tape to cure the headlining... (unless tinkerman can remebr the headlining offer!) and get the welding done.

shouldnt be tooo long before this is another one back on the road and running like a dream :D
pbottomley

Postby Firenzaboy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:02 pm

Bloody hell!
That cars been around a bit!
I bought that from a chap in Exeter a few years ago,my mate had it off me and painted it with the brabham style stripes,then it ended up on ebay about 3 times! The fibreglass wings on it are some i bought off Steve Kirby and just couldn't get on with fitting,so my mate had those in with the deal. Does it still have the clip on headrests? :lol: And has it still got the "90" high performance :shock: 1159 block in it?
Nice to see it again anyhow. :)
Dave C.
Firenzaboy
GT Viva
GT Viva

A cheese Gratter

Postby pbottomley » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:31 pm

No head rests sorry, and its running a 1256 engine now sadly .....
pbottomley

Return to Bodywork