Apparently the neighbours love the viva too...

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Postby pbottomley » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:00 pm

well apart from the trunions and the stuipiest place on earth to fit a master cylinder for brakes, the minor in my opionon is an ideal classic. Loads of parts avaible and all bolt on.

the Viva on the other hand is a better design, but so much harder to fit new body panels e.g. wings welded on, let alone find them,

But this wasnt why I got inot Viva's... I guess It becuase they are cheap as hell to own and run, unless like me you have fleet status.

:D :D :shock:
pbottomley

Postby kellyharding » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:03 am

pbottomley wrote:
But this wasnt why I got inot Viva's... I guess It becuase they are cheap as hell to own and run, unless like me you have fleet status.

:D :D :shock:

I think it was me who should get the credit here for you getting into Vivas (or should that be blame? ;)

Kelly
kellyharding

Re: Apparently the neighbours love the viva too...

Postby kellyharding » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:09 am

pyoorkate wrote:Some local kids came round, which was a bit of a shock - to see a small gang of girls hanging round outside my house... their dad had given them a manual to give to me, so I now have the Vauxhall Viva HC engine workshop manual. I'm still rather surprised!

There is much Viva lovin' going on around me at the moment!

I've found that a lot of people remember (not so sure if it is always fondly) the Viva. One show we went to in this Viva produced a number of such comments. What was amusing was we were parked next to a Trimump Stag. People were coming to VJ more than they were coming to the Stag. The reason I guess was one of remembering what they owned/could afford to own and remembering what they perhaps aspired to?
Cheesy has much the same effect at work and other places I go in it :)

Kelly
kellyharding

Previous

Return to Bodywork