Um, what colour is this? Anyone know the paint code?

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Um, what colour is this? Anyone know the paint code?

Postby pyoorkate » Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:15 pm

Hi folks,

Well, now that winter is dissipating I'm looking to tidy up Brick a bit, and I'm looking at that floor (anyone want to weld it for me*? anyone? no? Bother...) and also a few little jobs that are scattered around; one of which is the patches of grey where the previous owner (who I shall resist calling bodging scum, because I'm nice) has made a dog of a job painting the roof with spray cans.

Can anyone tell me the name of the colour ('cos I'd like to know), and the paint code at all? I know it probably won't match *terribly* well, but it'd be an improvement.

Cheers!

* I also found some very artfully done filler on the driver's side floorpan. Slather enough underseal on anything and it's hard to tell what it is. I guess I shall be going to my mum's big garage at some point and spending a relaxing day under the car discovering how bad it really is.
Kate E
Distressingly becoming the owner of a fleet of vehicles
pyoorkate
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Firenzaboy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:24 pm

Hmm - car colours in "off the shelf" P**s cans - that's gonna be fun!
Sometimes there are more than one shade of a particular colour - in Vauxhall's case,take Flamenco Red as an example - supposedly 3 different shades of the same colour :?
Not 100% sure,but i think your car is in "Coppertone Starfire",like a bronzy red metallic;i'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong???
Best bet,if you wanna go down the P**S can route,is to get some aerosols made up to match your colour.
There are places that'll do this - bit dearer than off the shelf equivalents but a much better match,plus you wouldn't then have to worry about the paint code with working to sample 8)
Hope this helps,Dave.
Firenzaboy
GT Viva
GT Viva

Colours

Postby edgoose1 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:43 pm

I had my car resprayed in Vauxhall Signal Red. When i got a spray can made up by the same place that did the original paint it was totally wrong more of an orange. I tried a few touch up brushes from Halfords and the exact match believe it or not is FORD SUNBURST RED.
Ive just sprayed a bit on the arches and you cant even see were its blended in.
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Stu » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:09 am

Providing the colour is original (and the plate is still there!), check here for details on how to decode your vehicles service parts plate.
Stu
1971 1159cc Vauxhall Firenza
Stu
SL Viva
SL Viva

paint code

Postby simon cummings » Fri May 04, 2007 10:20 am

code for coppertone starfire is 4YW,if i remember correctly.
V6 HC 2.8 INJECTION
65 HA DELUXE
HA 248.
simon cummings
SL Viva
SL Viva

Return to Bodywork