Seriously in need of a boost

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Seriously in need of a boost

Postby pbottomley » Sat May 05, 2007 8:48 pm

Well today I went and got my new car (well a second hand car) I took the train all the way from Nuneaton to Norwich... then took a 30 minute bus ride out to some village and then was picked up and driven out to a house to look at the car I won on ebay...

Now I should of heard alarm bells and I should of walked away, but when you on your own 10 miles from a post office 15 miles from a train station and you have lost your mobile phone one tends to do silly things, and thats what I did. I bought the car paid good money and drove off.

It needs a service thats obvious for a 27 year old car, but whats realy annoying is when you get home get under the car and have a realy good poke and prod and you find its a basket case!!!!

The whole front bulkhead / footwell on the passanger side has gone!!! I can see daylight through a hole 6 inchs square !!!! and the drivers side isnt much better... the rear sills are also shot.

I made a right big mistake buying it and guess what? yep thats right the seller is not answering his phone nor emails.. Bar Stard

Anyways on the brighter side of thing (if there are any) it looks repairable but it means yet again Marvin will be taking a back seat (6 months now parked up outsiode the house and not move a metre yet) and my money will have to go in repairing this hulk, as I need an everyday drive and Cheesy aint it!!!

Sorry to say this is the state of the passagner footwell after I poked and proded a bit :(

OHHh well its only money I can earn some more I am sure
pbottomley

Postby pbottomley » Sat May 05, 2007 9:07 pm

Ohh well that tops the lot, just be told from the totalcarlton boys to forget it....

:( :( :( :( :(

Ohh well thats me screwed
pbottomley

Postby psl » Sat May 05, 2007 9:41 pm

Errr! :?
That really doesnt look good, sorry to say. Had a look at the pix on the totalcarlton and yes, not good.
Trading standards would be my first port of call. That is not a road legal car, no way the mot should of passed that :?
sorry i dont sell viva parts any more.
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby psl » Sat May 05, 2007 9:45 pm

Paul put your screw drivers down dont poke any more, please!
sorry i dont sell viva parts any more.
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby pbottomley » Sat May 05, 2007 10:17 pm

Can I say now I am totally over whelmed by the offer I have now... If I return the car to Norwich matt and Glenn are going to weld it up ... in exchange for Bacon sandwiches and a few nice HA parts I might have.

So its return the 130 miles on Monday AM first thing and and hopefully sort the beats out!! its a shiny thing and thats the problem ....

THANKS to matt and GLENNN yet again the club springs to the rescue

:D :D :D :D :D
pbottomley

Postby kellyharding » Sat May 05, 2007 10:23 pm

It is good to see every now and again that there are good people in such a club.
kellyharding

Postby Clara » Sat May 05, 2007 10:30 pm

Does this mean I can't set fire to it ? :(

*hides matches*
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Sat May 05, 2007 10:33 pm

Clara wrote:Does this mean I can't set fire to it ? :(

*hides matches*

Ohhh... you mean thing.. :twisted: Up here we only flip cars with Fergusons..
Why fight for a ball when we can play with cars..?!!
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Clara » Sat May 05, 2007 10:35 pm

MAGNUM 2300 wrote:

*hides matches*

Ohhh... you mean thing.. :twisted: Up here we only flip cars with Fergusons..

oh please? :( I promise it'll be quick.

*lines up five litres of fuel*
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby kellyharding » Sat May 05, 2007 10:37 pm

*hides matches*

Theres this puke coloured Mk2 Astra you can go set fire to in Shropshire after Wednesday if you like ;)

Kelly
kellyharding

Next

Return to Bodywork