Update - viva rear end - new spoiler & 1800 axle Nov 09

Do you need help with your bodywork, Help is at hand

Postby Jon-HPF » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:52 pm

Boyd the silver one is a genuine HPF (droopsnoot) approx 204 built.

My Viva e was acquired in 2007 as a bog standard car (flat front) - the e stands for economy :lol: in the days when you were lucky to get a steering wheel on the base models !!!! I fitted the magard (aftermarket) nosecone plus quad lights and oldnail f/glass bonnet along with a set of avons plus new 205/60 13 tyres , soon after getting the car.
recently i added a proper steel bumper (the original was moulded into the nosecone as with the snoot kitted old nail race car).

I have a new proper nose cone and front bumper in the attic (never been on a car!) but i dont want to use these so i bought a n/cone off a sportshatch (the estate version of HPF) plus bumper etc as well as a pair of flat top f/glass wings all cut back to accept the n/cone. Ive reworked the light boxes to accept renault 11 oblong headlights as these are the closest thing i could find to the stupidly priced snoot cibies.
Hopefully the viva will end up as a clone of the silver one , but im still as yet undecided on colour (90% wants silver the other 10% poss bright yellow) . Also i may cut down the bulge on the bonnet to a more realistic level or just convert it to standard , - i want to retain the bonnet as its f/glass , and getting hold of a normal f/glass one is proving difficult !
i may use the lower vents and fabricate them into the snoot n/cone - we'll see :lol:
the front end conversion will have to wait until the rest of it is done!

"Thats a nice looking Capri you got there mate!"
Jon-HPF
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby frankengeep » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:14 am

Good solution to the lighting problem Jon. You got them set up for adjusting individually? Is it a dip and a main at each side or 4 dips and 4 mains?
How you gonna drive 2 cars? :lol:

Boyd :)
Please don't sell me a Viva. I'll just ruin it.
2.6L Frankengeep, C22o cdi, 230 te
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii24 ... re%20jeep/
frankengeep
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Jon-HPF » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:38 pm

Hi Boyd , lots of questions - , ive used bolts on each corner of the light units -so each one is completely adjustable , the outers are going to be dip and main - inners main only.
havent worked out how 2 drive 2 at same time yet :lol:
May sell the snoot if i get a decent price, but may regret if if i do :cry:
cheers - jon .
Jon-HPF
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Jon-HPF » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:10 pm

all welds ground back - zinc primed and seam sealed , initial filler applied , hopefully get this wing/sill in primer this weekend :lol:

Jon-HPF
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Jon-HPF » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:35 pm

weekend came and went ! not yet finished but nearly there , finally got sill and arch in stonechip, hi build grey primer rear wing /panel. flatted back with 600 wet , b4 white primimg and top colour - i choose appliance white gloss this time as i cant be bothered to try and match it up ! Its only getting a top coat to stop the primer soaking in moisture anyway :lol:
Also sorted out a rather scabby boot water channel on the near side -it wasnt that bad , just the edge where the rubber seal fits to was very serated and pitted
Engine electric probs now sorted plus a new (second hand ) alternator , the regulator was kaput!, plus it needed an ignition feed wire which the viva didnt have.
now ready to start other side :cry:

Jon-HPF
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:20 pm

Nice job Jon, do you want my estate for a while, as there are little bits of rust comming through :roll:

But realy, I will get it booked in this week for a good going over at the body-shop, then I will find out what needs doing and how much its going to cost.
AUTOMAN

Postby frankengeep » Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:56 am

Looking very nice Jon.
Satisfying when your effort gets to the finishing stage (and then you get to do it all again at the other side ) :D
Be nice to see some page 3 in your next masking photos :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Boyd :)
Please don't sell me a Viva. I'll just ruin it.
2.6L Frankengeep, C22o cdi, 230 te
http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii24 ... re%20jeep/
frankengeep
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Jon-HPF » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:42 am

THANKS GUYS, Ian - I hope theres not too much work needed on ur car , bodyshops can be expensive - unless u know someone reasonable :lol: , if so , let me know. I was quoted 1200 quid for a full respray on the snoot from a shop in Barry, and that was just for the spraying of top colour!

BOYD, point taken , next time i'll use the sport ! :wink:

Cheers - Jon
Jon-HPF
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

my arches

Postby pallet30 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:11 pm

you can come round and do my rear arches buddy as yours look spot on, im struggling with where to begin with mine..
pallet30
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:31 pm

Thanks Jon. I know a chap in the trade that will probably do your car a lot cheaper than that. Give me a pm if you would like me to give you his number. His work is spot on mate.

Ian.
AUTOMAN

PreviousNext

Return to Bodywork