and finally, for tonight - rear anti sway bar

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

Re: and finally, for tonight - rear anti sway bar

Postby jpsmit » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:04 pm

Good advice - thanks! Though the exhaust will be custom made anyways - thanks for the pics, now to cobble something together.

I remain amazed that this is simply anchored to sheet metal. I realize it is thick but would have thought it would deform the truck over time. After all even though it is three times around rubber it is still constantly moving.

I could I suppose anchor it to the rails but I feel like that would disrupt the geometry.

thanks for this!
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby jpsmit » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:36 am

So, only 10 months later, :roll: had a few hours today to play and finished the rear. Shocks went in fairly easily and the anti roll bar, not much trouble. I printed off the various pictures you posted (thanks thanks a thousand thanks!) In truth, I could have put the brackets an inch or so closer to each other, but they are fine. For the very first time in my ownership, the car doesn't bounce freely when I push down on the boot. Hurray!

Now the brake lines.
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby lord13 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:35 am

Well done...soon on the road then eh? ;)
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby 1972nail » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:46 am

Great news and I'm always willing to help if I can, pics and advice are easy to share over the internet.

What's the odds that the next new thread from JP will be 'Tonight's question - Brake lines' ? :wink:

I always look forward to those first two words on a new thread as it shows that your car is progressing in an orderly and measured fashion and not forgotten or thrown together just to get it done.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby jpsmit » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:08 pm

1972nail wrote:What's the odds that the next new thread from JP will be 'Tonight's question - Brake lines' ? :wink:

I always look forward to those first two words on a new thread as it shows that your car is progressing in an orderly and measured fashion and not forgotten or thrown together just to get it done.

Once again, thanks for your advice, but even more for your patience - honestly too often as I write "Tonight's question..." I imagine all over the world people rolling their eyes and thinking "not again." Glad to know for at least one it isn't the case (truly)
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Previous

Return to Mechanical