Power loss

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

Re: Power loss

Postby Mike Attew » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:44 pm

I only just fitted a new filter so should be ok, mostly when I get the problem though is when I change to a lower speed limit, today I was at 60 then slowed to a 40 limit. Maybe grasping at straws but it has got me thinking about the throttle, could be something sticking?
Mike
Mike Attew
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Mike Attew » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:28 pm

Rechecked carb and also changed the coil, still the same like a handbrake being pulled on when I slow for a speed zone.
I still thought it was fuel and a photo I had seen from Lord13 about throttle linkage started niggling me, I found the later breather hoses were only one length, mine had a take off which I connected to a connector on the manifold which I now presume was for a servo, went back to Lord13 photo with the blanking bolts, blanked mine off and it seems to be cured, must have been loosing vacuum which allowed the stromberg piston to close and cutting fuel.

Just a simple thing.
Mike
Mike Attew
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby 1972nail » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:32 pm

That sounds like the culprit. Not always easy to find a fault that has been 'man-made', especially when you are convinced you've done it all correctly.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby lord13 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:20 am

Glad to hear i could help....even if inadvertantly ;)

That's why this forum is so good, you can go back and re-read stuff and check things out etc

glad to hear it's sorted :)
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Mike Attew » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:44 am

It was just a stupid thing and everything seemed to fit but a bit more knowledge. Thanks for all the help.
Mike
Mike Attew
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to Mechanical