Correct spark plugs for 1256????

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

Correct spark plugs for 1256????

Postby Chris1988 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:56 am

Hi just wondering what people think the best plug is for the viva 1256 engine lots of different opinions so im thinking about going with ngk bp6e... ?????
Chris1988
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Re: Correct spark plugs for 1256????

Postby 1972nail » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:17 pm

I believe the club spares scheme has the correct Vauxhall recommended AC Delco plugs in stock. Many people prefer these over the Champion or NGK equivalents. They are what was originally fitted to the engines, what the engine was designed to run on and what was specified as replacements when servicing.

However, having said that when I ran OHV engines in the 70's and 80's I used NGK, Champion and AC Delco plugs at various times and convinced my self that each new one I tried was better than the last type.... but I always came back to the AC Delco ones as a favourite.

So what I'm saying is that the difference is probably so negligible or subtle that you may find it hard to differentiate between them in terms of performance.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Return to Mechanical