head scratcher

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

Postby psl » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:52 pm

may even be extending the car port, well it looks like i`ll have to at this rate
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Addy » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:40 pm

I had similar problem when i got my hc off ebay was a three day trip getting it back though as it did as ur describing or would run at a top speed of 30. It turned out to be the fuel tank had collected alot of rusty silt and was clogging the filter inside the tank after running for a while.

Tested it by putting a gallon can in the boot and ran off that, workd like a charm after that!
Addy
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby shamm » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:25 pm

I have had condensors that break down once they get hot and kill then engine, and coils (although that was after a longer run).
Steve Hammond

Two 2.3 Viva's, one 2.3 Viva Estate, one 2.3 Magnum estate, half share in a 1.6 Viva auto, and no time (HC183)
shamm
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby bulldog » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:40 pm

have you put new plugs in it old ones will cause it to stop be for it warm up if it has not been in use for a while the damp gets to them and then shorts out does turn for a while be for it starts
bulldog
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby psl » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:31 pm

looks like i`ve got a few things to look into then, thanks for the ideas, all. When the days become longer and warmer i shall endeavour to have a tinker at some point
psl
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Previous

Return to Mechanical