dry tank

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

dry tank

Postby nigel24 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:08 pm

Hi there,

trying to start my viva hc the other day, after a few years in the garage and found that no fuel was reaching the pump. i put a gallon of petrol in and still no fuel, even tried a new pump.

i tried to syphon fuel up from the tank, but to no avail. i also removed the rubber pipe from the tank, and no fuel came out from the tank outlet pipe. it seems strange that the tank should be blocked as any petrol had evaporated during storage.

has any one else had this problem? :lol:
Last edited by nigel24 on Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nigel24
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby pbottomley » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:15 pm

sounds like pipe is blocked up... might be worth disconnecting from tank and pump and blowing it through, then try again. Fule line goes it at front of tank near rear axle, usually with rubber hose fitting and a clip, no big deal to take off and put on.

Hint! Dont have a fag whilst your doing it! :lol: :lol:
pbottomley

Postby droopsnoot » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:47 am

Another thought - is the breather blocked? Try the same tests but with the filler cap off. If the breather is blocked and the tank is good and airtight, it might just be too hard for the pump to pull it out because no air is getting back in.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Return to Mechanical