Is this correct? (Firenza 2000SL)

Tips and help requests for your cars mechanics. points gaps, timming settings all those sorts of things

Is this correct? (Firenza 2000SL)

Postby Sweden » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:40 pm

Hi,

I talked to the seller of a Firenza 2000SL -71 today. Looking at the specifications in the brochures at this site it should have the high compression engine with twin carbs. But the owner claims that it is only a single carb, with low compression pistons. (Also claimed that the goverment which used the bedford with the same engines changed their pistons to high compression ones for the sake of fuel economy and a little bit more power)

My first question is if this can the original "low bhp" for Sweden?

My second question is if I need to take something else, besides new high compression pistons, under consideration if I would transform the engine to alittle bit more power.. Will it be the same as the UK ones if I then also put on twin carbs?

My last question is if the following are hard or very expensive to get hold of? (If I buy it it will be a complete restoration to original except for the engine as per above)
-Vinyl roof
-Inner roof
-complete exhaust system
-All rubber seals (With the chrome trims)

Apart from the above it seems that most of the rest is in good shape from his description.

Rgrds
Christer
Last edited by Sweden on Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sweden
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:54 pm

Is it the one in Northern Sweden?? The "Wallenberg car"??
Why fight for a ball when we can play with cars..?!!
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Sweden » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:13 pm

Hi,

Yes it is. I have recieved pics of it and it seems solid with minor welding needed. The owner is a really nice person who has had lot's of so if I get the right deal I might go for it. It has done onl 65000 km and can be started up. There is someone else that is interested but seller seems to preffer to have me as the buyer. It is in light blue metallic paint (original but will need a re-paint) Nice history with the wallenberg name plate still there.

/Christer
Sweden
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Sweden » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:06 pm

Seems like I will be number 2 on this Firenza also if the buyer don't change his mind :x

But... The present buyer seems to be a real enthusiast. He has 3 Firenzas of which one is A CANAM FIRENZA imported from south africa. See the picture below which I got from the seller of "the only slant 4" firenza.

Sweden
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby MAGNUM 2300 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:51 am

I cross my fingers for you to be a Firenza owner! :!:
Why fight for a ball when we can play with cars..?!!
MAGNUM 2300
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Return to Mechanical