Rally cars

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Rally cars

Postby Clara » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:27 pm

Was there ever a HA rally / race car?
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

HA rally car

Postby pbottomley » Thu Jan 19, 2006 1:32 pm

even if there was i dont suspect it went sideways quiet as far as you say you have !!!

:wink:
pbottomley

Rally cars

Postby Sid » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:01 pm

I'm sure there will have been some "privateers" but I've never heard of an official Vauxhall "works" HA racer. Seems unlikely given
the small engine capacities in a medium sized car.

Sid
Sid
GT Viva
GT Viva

rally cars

Postby northern nutter » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:40 pm

Don`t no about rally cars but there was a track car HA i think it dident look like one though. Anyone no any more. I did see it some where.
northern nutter

Postby ADRIAN » Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:34 pm

The Viva HA was raced quite a bit in Australia, - Jack Brabham raced one and thats how he got into Vivas. In the UK, only a couple were used as far as I know. Member Stevie Jameson in Scotland, - his Dad Andrew rallied an HA in highland events in the sixties. This car has just been refurbished and back on road, still has all the gear fitted. Hope to do a small feature in next mag
Adrian
HB 1
HB 1
ADRIAN
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Re: HA rally car

Postby Clara » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:35 am

pbottomley wrote:even if there was i dont suspect it went sideways quiet as far as you say you have !!!

:wink:

Well you're welcome to come and have a go in her if you don't believe me! :lol:
I would offer to take you out for a drive but I fear the passenger seat is erm well... it keeps making funny noises when I take people out for a quick "spin" up the road. :roll:
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Rally cars

Postby Sid » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:12 am

Did the Aussie HA have a bigger engine?

Sid
Sid
GT Viva
GT Viva

Return to General Discussion