Hello, I just wanted to say hello.

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Hello, I just wanted to say hello.

Postby AUTOMAN » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:33 pm

Hello everybody, My name is Ian and I live in Barry and Cardiff (both) in South Wales. I live in Barry with my wife and kids and Cardiff with my cars, that's the way my wife likes it as she doesn't mind how many cars I have that way, because they are not taking up space outside the family home. I love cars and since the age of 14, when I owned my first one, I have owned and worked on over 70 cars including Morris Oxfords, Dafs, Citroen, Fords and Rovers. My dream has allways been to own a Vauxhall Viva HB estate in gold as that is the car that I remember with most fondness from my childhood and Dad owned one. I have now bought an Hc estate in green and hopefully will be restoring an hb estate soon, if the chap e-mails me back. That car is blue. The thing that you may find most supprising is that I am registered blind, yet still I have owned so many cars. I can assure you that I have not crashed them all because of my eye-sight, I usually ask somebody with a driving licence to do the driving for me.

Thank you for reading this and I hope to make friends, speak to and meet you soon,

Ian.
AUTOMAN

Postby Clara » Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:50 am

Hello and a warmest welcome from everyone here!

Welcome to insanity :) Please mind the oil slicks and be aware that anyone found wearing a t shirt with "ford" written on it will be forced to strip and be punished with an ancient custom - a thousand whips of the foul smelling oil covered dipstick.

Good luck with the restoration, we (that is to say the royal we) hope to see it at an event soon!

But wow, a house just for the cars? Now that's got to be the good life!! :D
Three cars, two fire engines, one steam roller, a wheelchair, and various sized hammers.... what could go wrong?!
Clara
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby AUTOMAN » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:11 am

Thank you, great to have a house for the car, but it does cost a lot of cash. I am hoping to put up a garage soon so I can work on the cars all year round, but it will probably be made of wood rather than brick as that will make it cheaper.
AUTOMAN

Return to General Discussion