LTL 327G The Build

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: LTL 327G The Build

Postby TGL » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:50 pm

Trying to post up a picture, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong please? Thought on elf these would have worked!!!

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/MLV353/ ... n.jpg.html

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/MLV353/media/IMG_1056_zpsekxmenhn.jpg.html

Code: Select all
http://s32.photobucket.com/user/MLV353/media/IMG_1056_zpsekxmenhn.jpg.html
TGL
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Colin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:02 pm

With photo bucket you have to download the image to your device first, then upload it to the forum...

Here you are... (looking very good by the way!) 8)
Attachments
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby TGL » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:01 am

Thanks, will have a try later as I have a few more pics

By the way, If anybody is after a winnebago the one in the background is up for sale LOL
TGL
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby TGL » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:09 am

After a long time off the road and trying to sort out a problem with the engine just fading out after a mile or so she is ready for her MOT and hopefully a trip to her first car show, the Clacton Classic Car Show on the 26th August.

LTL 327G lives.......
TGL
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby 1972nail » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:01 am

Good to hear that the car is behaving it's self. What was the problem?
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:24 am

Well done enjoy your show :P
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby TGL » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:32 pm

1972nail wrote:Good to hear that the car is behaving it's self. What was the problem?

Looking at the fuel filter there was some air bubbles, thought it was fuel starvation but filter seemed to be filling up, petrol was going down carb, so started looking elsewhere, electrics and all sorts. Eventually found the problem to be a pipe that had gone har and the fuel pump was sucking in air, so although petrol was getting into the carb not enough!!!

Took a while but got here in the end
TGL
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby 1972nail » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Good to know, sucking in air is a common problem with old fuel lines but it's not always the first thing most people consider as important to check for or remedy.

I had a problem with my car where the mechanical fuel pump would empty if left sitting for more than a week or so and the car needed a lot of turning to prime the pump. I fitted a hand operated bulb type fuel pump to prime the mechanical pump and considered changing to an electric pump. While checking under the car at the beginning of the summer I noticed that I'd fitted a jubilee clip to a fuel pipe connection that was too big and as a result instead of clamping the pipe evenly it had clamped it into an egg shape. A new clip and all was cured, no more air getting in and no more priming needed.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Previous

Return to General Discussion