LTL 327G The Build

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: LTL 327G The Build

Postby kriswalsh » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:44 pm

Mines done the same, sounds like you need the valve not the matrix. I have 3 new ones but all 3 leak. I've found a way to repair them, cut the 4 tabs off carefully. Inside your find the rubber has rotted. I went in b&q and found a doomed rubber washer off a toilet system. Was only 1 mm bigger. Fitted this and used silicone to seal the top and soldered around the top. Works a treat but for how long I don't know.
kriswalsh
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby TGL » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:46 pm

Thanks, valve surgery will begin Monday, will let you know how it goes

I have not looked properly at it yet, but does the valve come off of the matrix?
TGL
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby kriswalsh » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:01 pm

It's bolts on, once you cut the tabs off inside, your find a doomed washer at the top and a flat washer at the bottom.

This is what worked for me, someone else on here might have a better idea.

Even if you find a new one chances are it will leak.

There are universal ones on ebay if all fails, i even looked at modding this to fit? 31119315688
kriswalsh
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:10 pm

The Club has a s/h heater matrix £25 +£10 p&p - you could save yourself £5 if you decided to join the Club! I have tested it for leaks by connecting it to the cooling system of my HC Estate - it is the courser finned version which is far more robust than the fine finned ones and less prone to leaks
Attachments
InquiryLetter.doc
(25 KiB) Downloaded 105 times
Application Form.doc
(34 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby TGL » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:39 pm

Now has disc conversion, front drums now for sale if anybody needs them
TGL
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby TGL » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:01 am

I have used a heater valve from eBay, just need to sort out the cable now, the small oil leak from the sump sorted, which needed the engine removed due to the close fitting of the sump. Just finishing off the speedo sensors and wiring to the electronic speedo and I think we could be there, fingers crossed, MOT in December. Still lots of small jobs to do do but at least I will be able to drive her
TGL
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby TGL » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:02 am

Today and Tomorrow down a freezing workshop to try and sort the new fuel sender problem, Sort out the new speedo wiring and sensors, raise the alternator up so the belt misses the bottom hose and then that should be it --- MOT time. Been an awful long time getting it done but we are very very close now. Still a few cosmetic and other bits to do, but, (subject to the MOT) it will be well drivable.
TGL
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby TGL » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:08 pm

all jobs done and now ready for the MOT booked for Friday, insured from Friday morning, lets see if the Car Gods smile upon me and mine.
TGL
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:24 pm

I will keep one set of fingers crossed for you :roll: - the other set will be crossed for my Humpy which is also in for MoT Friday :P
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby TGL » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:26 pm

MOT done, No advisories, its cruising time YAY

Now to get some of the other little bits done,

The only bad news is that I can't find the door keys or the boot key!!! Anyone know where I can get replacement barrels please?
TGL
SL Viva
SL Viva

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion