Another GT appears

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: Another GT appears

Postby 1972nail » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:06 pm

jpsmit wrote:Sold - to a member of this forum (though likely not yet the club)

I assume he's from your neck of the woods?
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby jpsmit » Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:36 am

1972nail wrote:
jpsmit wrote:Sold - to a member of this forum (though likely not yet the club)

I assume he's from your neck of the woods?

Yes indeed - will be transporting it cross country - Of course now I am completely flummoxed as I have been dreaming that I would be the only one at the car show - and now there are two - and both the same colour! sheesh.

Seriously I am thrilled to have a neighbour to compare notes
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby 1972nail » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:21 am

You will be the only one at a car show for a few years by the look of it.... :lol:
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby jpsmit » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:33 pm

1972nail wrote:You will be the only one at a car show for a few years by the look of it.... :lol:

:D though at the rate I am proceeding I am not sure even I would take that bet. :roll:
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby WAYNECOLVILLE » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:23 am

redfirenza wrote:The stripe is different between MK1 & Mk2 GTs, the Mk1 stripe runs down the front of the wing and the MK2 finishes at the top like the one in the picture

Hi, these cars are a little different than the English ones. There were only 1970 models. Firstly the stripe went down the guard at the front.
Also they had a black bonnet, side markers front and rear, dual brake boosters, Head rests, sl trim, twin headlights, reversing lights vertically mounted, trim around the window was painted, left handed steering, Extra bumper bar bolted to cross member under front, no gt badges on rear gaurds, also have hc indicators and were sold under the Chev dealerships as a Epic gt. Some say Chevrolet epic gts. These are a reasonably rear car which i are restoring at the moment.
WAYNECOLVILLE
De Luxe Viva
De Luxe Viva

Postby jdc1 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:30 pm

1972nail wrote:
Kraken wrote:That paintwork is fantastic

Wouldn't it be lovely to be able to just give it a coat of oil and leave it as it is....

Hey that's my GT I bought from out west! 3 day drive there and back 24/7 two drivers.
jdc1
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Colin » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:44 pm

jdc1 wrote:
1972nail wrote:
Kraken wrote:That paintwork is fantastic

Wouldn't it be lovely to be able to just give it a coat of oil and leave it as it is....

Hey that's my GT I bought from out west! 3 day drive there and back 24/7 two drivers.

It's great that you have this ultra rare car JDC. Could you please post up some more pictures? We would all love to see it.

(it's a bit of pain on this forum but most pictures have to be resized down to 800 x 600 pixels before they can be posted)
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby jdc1 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:05 am

Ill try and get some pics up. The site wouldnt let me tonight. The interior in the car was trash frt and rear window seals were all rotted and leaking so the floors are rotten also. I ordered floor pans from Australia. Have half the floors repaired. I purchased a 2008 cobalt SS 2.0 turbo. For engine and interior im still searching for a 5 spd from a pontiac solstice.
jdc1
SL Viva
SL Viva

Postby Colin » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:51 am

Only a handful of Canadian spec Viva GTs are known to exist. The numbers of known surviving cars can literally be counted on one hand. Whatever it's condition it needs to be preserved and / or restored.

Please tell me you're not going to rip out its original engine and customise it JDC1?
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby jdc1 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:35 am

Sorry! but i am. To restore it to original would cost way more than im willing to spend and the hasell of locating orginal parts. it will be tastfully done. Im fussy that way im not a chop and hack type. I know there are very few cars like this here. But i think there are even fewer enthusiasts here in Canada. And a 260hp turbo 2.0 Will be way more fun. The cobalt i got for 1800.00 and i made 1200.00 back parting it out. Heres one Vauxhall-Viva-GT-by-Retropower on facebook
jdc1
SL Viva
SL Viva

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion