Billing back in the game???

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: Billing back in the game???

Postby edgoose1 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:25 pm

Just my opinion but i think if the Viva Club don't support it it can only hurt the club . I agree that the old management *Bleep* up at Billing and they paid the price. But the new management are trying to rectify it. VBOA at MH will be supported well, but cant see the sense in not supporting another Vauxhall event.
edgoose1
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby lord13 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:18 am

edgoose1 wrote:Just my opinion but i think if the Viva Club don't support it it can only hurt the club . I agree that the old management *Bleep* up at Billing and they paid the price. But the new management are trying to rectify it. VBOA at MH will be supported well, but cant see the sense in not supporting another Vauxhall event.

I do see your point...to a point, but the organisers don't WANT the support of the club, or ANY club for that matter. I may pop in for the day on the sunday, just for a drive out... but that's about it....

Hmmm.... if you plan on going.....convoy? ;)
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:27 pm

doesn't seem to come anywhere close to the Hoseasons concept of a family holiday weekend :lol:
Anyone want to book up!
http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/holiday-park ... 01-09-2018
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby lord13 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:56 am

It now has a 'dedicated' web page... which is a little low on info and appears to be written by someone with little knowledge of vauxhalls in general, or just lazy with their web design, who knows.

http://www.vauxfest.co.uk/

I may go on the sunday as it's not far from me, have a quick look around the autojumble etc, you never know it may be good.... but a really big part of me wants the whole thing to fall flat on its *Bleep*.
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Fred Dukes » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:20 am

Pretty paranoid about it not being for Clubs :o - says individual entry NOT Clubs at every opportunity :roll: Anyone know the organiser?
Seems to have Terry Cobbold and John Knight list as friends on facebook
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby dann01 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:43 pm

Um, no organisation = Squabbles over pitches. Rowdy chavs in modern Corsa wheel spinning and churning up the grass. The sound of gennys running all night. No security. Pikes loitering around seeing what they can pinch. No extra toilets, only what's already on site. No extra shower blocks.

This isn't a show in the true sense of what a show is if you ask me... It's just individuals with VX cars showing up to camp for a week end.

Dan
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother, and then for one fleeting moment things will go right for a change.
dann01
Club Treasurer

Postby cooperman » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:07 pm

It is pitched as more of individuals welcome as opposed to a club show (maybe they don't think there would be a good response from clubs after treating them as they did), as I've said I personally wont be supporting it but if someone wants to have a look, then it's their choice.
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Mjones » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:28 pm

Billing seemed to be very run down with very world weary staff not to mention some rather alarming semi permanent residents! Market Harborough on the other hand seems to be more of a fresh canvas so to speak.
1972 HC Estate The White Knight
1974 HC S74 Arthur Dent
Mjones
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby droopsnoot » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:14 pm

I'd have thought that if the new management wanted to atone for their previous decision and get the event going again, the best thing to do would be to contact the VBOA and try to get them on board in some form or another - even if that starts out as a venue for the VBOA autojumble or something like that. It doesn't seem as if they've gone about it in a good way.
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Postby 1972nail » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:31 pm

It looks like they are trying out 'theme' weekends to fill the campsite rather than make a stab at creating a lasting car show venue.
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Previous

Return to General Discussion