Billing back in the game???

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: Billing back in the game???

Postby Fred Dukes » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:17 pm

come on Carl have some principles lets move on - remember 2012 - how many times have we had it a bit wet - how many people have complained about the facilities - if your short of Vauxhall Shows compromise and become an Events Rep for the Viva Club and book some stands on the multi marque classic car shows/vehicle festivals much more exciting than just Vauxhalls :lol:
If there are more like minded like myself - the Vauxhall "Fester" at Billing WILL be all the modern stuff cos classics will not be there - lets hope Vauxhall don't support it
CHAIRMAN, and general dogs body
Fred Dukes
Club Chairman

Postby Bob perry » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:26 pm

I'm with you Fred. Billing had their chance and made a pigs ear of it, after many good shows.

MH stepped in and put on a decent show I understand, so it would be a bit churlish to just dump them after one show!!

Suppose the VBOA did go back, and the 'new' Management at Billing are not up to scratch and it falls over again, I bet MH would welcome us back with open arms...NOT!!

At least let MH have a chance to improve on a pretty good show from last year, as they promise

I for one am looking forward to it.
Mona Viva
Bob perry
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby lord13 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:18 am

Last years MH did not 'do it' for me, but that was due to many reasons...It has been a difficult year, but I saw the potential.
More organisation needed and someone to direct the vehicles to their designated areas...I think only the viva club actually managed to be inside the roped off area, everyone else seemed to park outside of the main area...also i missed an entire field of cars I don't know how, but anyway, that's by the by, i was only there for the spares....hmmm sounds like an autobiography title there ;)

Saying all that, I will be at MH2 this year, hopefully proudly displaying the HB4D , she won't be pretty, I don't have much truck with fresh paint, lets say she'll have a 'healthy patina' ;) I'm not sure about the camping...My wife has trouble with 'the outdoors', she enjoyed our billing wedding with the CF up to a point, but later in the year we camped up near brockle crag in the lakes and lost our tent due to the wind snapping the poles :( so since then camping has been 'right out' , But as far as MH2 is concerned if you can arrange a 'nail bar' i'm sure i can convince her to come along, especially if you cut the grass as well, last years ground cover played havoc with her Louboutin's ;) )

I may pop my head in at 'vauxfest'... simply to have a nosey, and to look at the autojumble, but I hope the VBOA stick with LMF and Market Harborough. Billing was always a worry about security and the usual nightly shenanigans.
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby cooperman » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:12 am

I know what you mean about the grass, played havoc with my Laboutins aswell.
Marcus
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby Colin » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:11 pm

cooperman wrote:I know what you mean about the grass, played havoc with my Laboutins aswell.
Marcus

They're hard to find in a size 12 Marcus! :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Colin on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby lord13 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:26 am

I did tell her 6 inch heels are a no-no for car shows but she wouldn't listen... women eh :?
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby lord13 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:12 pm

I emailed an inquiry to the organisers of this, just curious as to what it'd be like...
so the email I sent was as follows:

"Hi, could you send me more information regarding the 'vauxfest' show you have planned for september, i.e. how does a club attend, are there going to be many trade stands, will there be an autojumble, and is it VBOA affiliated?
thankyou"

Thought it asked all the right questions to be fair, the reply I got was a bit short and lacking on information, here it is in full:

"Vauxfest is an independent event and not associated in any way to the VBOA.
Vauxfest is for individual entry only however if you arrive together you can park together.

All The Best

Vauxfest"

sounds like it's going to be a bit of a 'free for all' regarding the organisation, and no mention of autojumble or trade stands. . .
lord13
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby 1972nail » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:40 pm

Sounds like they don't want t do any organising, just take the entry fee...
Editor of the VVOC Magazine ReVival

"When you have a Firenza like mine, who needs any Minis?" copyright David Maxwell 1979.
1972nail
Old Nail
Old Nail

Location: Ballymoney Co Antrim - some say....the World's best place to live!

Postby Colin » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:53 pm

Well, here we are on this lovely 1st Sept morning at the Billing Aquadrome Vauxfest event...

And the excitement is reaching fever pitch as the last few cars arrive... er... er... :lol:
Attachments
Colin
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby cooperman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:58 pm

I like it Colin, very funny
cooperman
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion