MOT

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: MOT

Postby jpsmit » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:35 am

Fred Dukes wrote:I would certainly go back and have words with them - seems like potential negligence plus having created the damage they let an unsafe vehicle out of their workshop.

We don't have a similar MOT process but, I might just swallow the cost of the mounts and drive the car. Seems like drawing undo attention to the potential issues in a classic might severely impede road time if you catch my drift. :D
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby hbr341 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:02 pm

Hi
Its not done any damage i take about 3 cars a month for mot so i will not say anything dont need to wind them up i fitted the new mounts they are bigger than the originals could be the stronger ones fitted to later vivas and chevettes all sorted now.

Regards Chris.
hbr341
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby jpsmit » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:55 am

hbr341 wrote: i will not say anything dont need to wind them up

My point exactly :wink:
jpsmit
Baby Bertha
Baby Bertha

Postby droopsnoot » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:14 am

Always worth checking engine mounts from time to time, and I must make a note to check mine more often. Having replaced them during the rebuild (in 1997...) I figured they'd be OK given the limited mileage and running time of the car. However, when I did the upper wishbone bushes I thought the bottom of the manifold was a little bit close to the top of the suspension. And found this:

As well as the sagging that is clear in the photo, the rubber is starting to come away from the metal around the edges. Fortunately I had one "in stock".
droopsnoot
Old Nail
Old Nail

Previous

Return to General Discussion