Maybe finally getting my Viva back next week!

General Discussions about The Vauxhall Viva Owners Club, do you require something from the club we dont offer? What the club is doing for you. NOT for slagging people off, all such comments will be deleted.
Forum rules
Please pay attention to the ‘protocol’ in this forum. This is a friendly club, and we really don’t wish to get into any personal or abusive dialogs. Any such e-mails may be removed, and the person responsible may have their Forum membership revoked

Re: Maybe finally getting my Viva back next week!

Postby VampireTigger » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:31 pm

Now with added passenger door mirror to make it easier to park in the garage :)

(Also changed the HT leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm, oil and filter, coolant and added electric fan)
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
Bouncing between Surrey & Dorset :D
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby Kraken » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:14 pm

Looks great. The colour / wheel combo is just right 8)
Kraken
Brabham Viva
Brabham Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:36 pm

I added an electric fan as the car has been getting rather hot, a proper rad has arrived from Fred and is going in shortly but I'll keep the electric in case.

Now, in my Land-Rover 90s I have electric fans. Air ram alone is enough most of the time but when off-roading the fan is needed. In both trucks the fan is controlled by a relay. This relay is triggered by a thermostat in the water system. I also have an over-ride switch to trigger the relay manually if I think it's required. When the relay trips, I have rigged one of the spare lights in the Land-Rover dash panel to light up so I know the relay is tripped and thus the fan should be on.

So, what do we have here? The same. The middle switch supplied by Fred in the over-ride switch. The Demist light is my indicator that the relay is active, my car does not have a re-screen demister. The Haynes manual did not detail the pin out for the dash multi-plug and in my case it's only wired for the indicators, main beam, oil, ignition, fuel, temp and back lighting. Nothing else. So the bulb is powered via a direct connection and earths though the dash. I tried the un-used handbrake one but that back fed into the ignition and oil lights.
Last edited by VampireTigger on Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Postby VampireTigger » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:39 pm

Think I've mentioned the LED headlight bulbs, here you can see how well they work. So much brighter and no worries about melting the loom!
Adrian Miller
(the Bournemouth one!)
South East Region Rep
VampireTigger
GT Viva
GT Viva

Previous

Return to General Discussion